Coppley Apparel Group Limited ("Coppley") obtained a Stay of Proceedings under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) on June 10, 2009. Under the CCAA Order, BDO Dunwoody Limited was appointed Monitor under the provisions of the CCAA .
CREDITORS ARE INVITED TO REGISTER to receive notice, by e-mail, when additional documents are posted to this web site. Copies of Orders, Reports and other pertinent information may be accessed via the sidebar links at any time. Updates, including all relevant orders issued by the Court, have been and will be posted as they become available and notice of the new posting will be sent, by e-mail, to all registered creditors.
Coppley, with the assistance of and in consultation with BDO Dunwoody Limited, is authorized to conduct a sales process for its business and assets in accordance with the Bid Procedure as approved by the Court on June 10, 2009. To obtain more information with respect to the sale process please click on the "Sale Process" sidebar link on the left hand side of this page.
Last Updated: June 24, 2009
Court Orders and Endorsements
- Endorsement of Justice Morawetz - Aug. 10, 2009
- Amended and Restated Vesting Order of Justice Morawetz - Aug. 10, 2009
- Stay Period Extension Order of Justice Wilton-Siegel - July 27, 2009
- Stay Period Extension Order of Justice Wilton-Siegel - July 22, 2009
- Stay Period Extension Order of Justice Conway - July 13, 2009
- Approval and Vesting Order of Justice Conway - July 13, 2009
- Endorsement of Justice Conway - July 13, 2009
- Stay Period Extension Order of Justice Peppall - July 8, 2009
- Updated Order of CCAA - June 23, 2009
- Updated Endorsement of Justice Hoy - June 23, 2009
- Coppley Motion of Record - June 23, 2009
- Order of CCAA filed on June 10, 2009
- Justice Hoy Endorsement - June 10, 2009
Report of the Monitor
- Fifth Report of the Monitor can be found in Fifth Motion Record - August 10, 2009
- Fourth Report of the Monitor can be found in Fourth Motion Record - July 27, 2009
- Third Report
- Monitor's Second Report
REQUEST FOR OFFERS TO PURCHASE THE BUSINESS & ASSETS OF A CANADIAN HIGH-END MENSWEAR MANUFACTURER
Pursuant to an Order of the Superior Court of Justice dated June 10, 2009 made in the restructuring proceedings of Coppley Apparel Group Limited ("Coppley") under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act, Coppley with the assistance of and in consultation with its Court appointed Monitor, BDO Dunwoody Limited, is inviting offers for the purchase of the going concern business and/or assets of Coppley.
Coppley is a manufacturer and distributor of fine menswear, including men's suits, coats, trousers, shirts and neckwear with a Canadian manufacturing base that excels in product and services benefits selling principally in North America and mainly through independent specialty stores.
This invitation is subject to the following court authorized Amended Canadian Bidding Procedures: Bidding Terms
( For greater certainty, these bid procedures have been authorized by the court but have not been approved.)
In accordance with the provisions of the Order of the Honourable Justice Hoy dated June 23, 2009 and the Amended Canadian Bidding Procedures, Coppley has extended the Bid Deadline to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday July 7, 2009 (the "Revised Bid Deadline Date") .
BDO DUNWOODY LIMITED
123 Front St. West, Suite 1200
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Email: [email protected]
If you have a question and wish to be contacted, please provide us with the question(s) that you would like answered, together with your contact information. Your contact information should include your name, the company you represent (if applicable), the type of claim held/nature of interest and a contact number (i.e. telephone and/or fax) or email address where we may reach you.
Please send your enquiry to [email protected] or by fax to 416-865-0904. Although we endeavour to respond to your enquiry within two business days, the volume of enquiries may impact our response time.