Focusing on your goal of maximizing value
As a business owner, manager, or investor, your main goal is to maximize value, whether facing the need to improve performance, transform the business for the next phase of growth, or evaluate a potential acquisition. These are defining moments—where business advice and guidance must be reliable, strategic, and rooted in sound data.
Our team can help. We bring thoughtful analysis, strategic thinking, deep subject matter expertise, and advanced data analytics to the table. We help companies improve or turn around their performance, develop or refresh their growth strategy, or prepare for a potential future sale.
We take an owner's mindset and a hands-on approach to assist our clients with navigating urgent and critical situations. We dig deep to find opportunities for improvement and implement strategies to achieve goals. Our experienced team has a proven record of helping clients increase revenue and margins, reduce costs, optimize working capital, improve cash flow, and maximize M&A deal value.
Common triggers for our services
- Decline in revenue or margins
- Increase in costs
- Desire to accelerate growth
- Enterprise-wide operational issues
- Market disruption and changing business landscape
- Product or service portfolio expansion
- New market entry
- Commercial diligence: validation of a target's revenue, growth, and margin sustainability
- Operational diligence: improved understanding of operational issues, risks, and opportunities including facility or shop floor operations
- Synergy quantification, planning, and execution
- Integration or separation planning and execution
- M&A playbook development for future transactions
- Pre-divestiture value creation
- Leverage data-based decision-making to transform into a data-driven organization
- Performance and profitability analytics
- Modernize business reporting and analytics capabilities
- Automation of financial modelling & reporting processes
- Custom business analytics solution development
For businesses, typical triggers include capacity shortfalls or threats, declines in margins, expansion opportunities, and enterprise-wide operational issues.
For investors, typical triggers fall into the pre-deal and post-deal stages:
- Pre-deal can include uncertainty about a target's capital expenditure (CapEx) requirements, identification of operational conditions, in particular, operational threats, and potential carve out identification.
- Post-deal can include a requirement for optimization of acquisition operations, the need for development of operational integration strategies, carve-out identification, and underperforming portfolio.
Featured insights and offerings for Strategy, Value Creation & Analytics
Resources to support your business
Unlock the profitable core of your business using 80/20 Profitability Analytics
The well-known 80/20 rule states that 80% of your profitability comes from 20% of your customers and products. Discover how our 80/20 Profitability Analytics approach can help you pinpoint that high-value 20%.Learn more
How businesses can mitigate inflation risks
Inflation is on the rise and your business should be exploring options to mitigate the risks of rising inflation. While there is no easy answer, there are strategic initiatives you should consider to help strengthen and streamline your operations and protect your business.Learn more
Top 10 growth & profitability disruptors in 2023
For the second year in a row, our experts identify the top 10 disruptive forces that will impact business growth and profitability in the year ahead.Learn more
Helping mid-market business owners exit right
Preparing to sell your business comes with many daunting, even complex, planning decisions. ExitRight will help you manage the challenges and opportunities during your business transition and sale.Learn more
Our Strategy, Value Creation & Analytics services are in your industry
Reliable information and guidance to manage evolving regulations, new business models, and emerging technology trends to stay ahead of the curve.Learn more
Helping your business meet high consumer expectations and growing demands for convenience while still reducing costs and boosting profit.Learn more
Applying innovation—including data analytics, machine learning, and robotics—to help your manufacturing business prioritize and tackle the demanding challenges and key concerns.Learn more
Other services you may be looking for
Our Strategy, Value Creation & Analytics services support the stage your business is in
Growth strategies designed to match your business model, your goals, and your expectations.Grow, expand & acquire
Maximize efficiency and performance of existing systems, processes, and people for greater financial growth.Perform, assess & optimize
Seamlessly transition your enterprise through three critical stages: succession planning, valuation optimization, and a strategic transaction.Exit, transition & sell