As most manufacturing and distribution businesses operate facilities that use these types of potentially hazardous substances, it's important that they comply to the regulations. Staying compliant can help manufacturers avoid unexpected costs in the event of an environmental emergency that could put both the environment and human health at risk.
Further, developing an environmental emergency plan can help you avoid a number of risks—ones that could cause both financial and reputational harm to the business as a whole.
How BDO can help you expect the unexpected
Our team of emergency and crisis management professionals are here to help guide you in adhering to these regulations while equipping your business to better respond to environmental emergencies, should they arise.
Some of our services include the following:
- Reviewing current plans and arrangements, developing an action plan to address identified gaps.
- Targeted risk analysis to establish plausible environmental release scenarios and offsite consequence modelling.
- Design and development of plans that help comply with the EER and any other similar regulations.
- Developing training and exercise programs.
- Developing and facilitating exercises and simulations for strategic, tactical, and operational responders.
If you're unsure of where your business stands in its current EER compliance, our team would be happy to discuss.
Rob Rovina, Business Development Manager