From principle to practice
In today’s environment, experienced advisors are more important than ever to correctly interpret and apply accounting standards.
BDO’s Integrated Accounting Advisory team is comprised of a diverse group of accounting, tax and IT professionals who help CFOs, audit committees, finance professionals and other leaders in the business community understand and apply pending accounting changes and assess the full impact to their organization. We support our clients with an integrated approach that aligns accounting analysis, risks and controls, and software processes to ensure organizations implement the necessary changes to their finance and IT systems and internal controls.
By tapping into deep industry knowledge, our professionals help our clients achieve the following:
- Understand how upcoming financial reporting changes will impact reporting to investors and other key stakeholders
- Confidently advise boards and audit committees on complex accounting issues, including impacts on existing systems and processes
- Refine efficiencies through streamlined financial processes and
- controls, including finance function reviews and ERP implementations
- Reduce risk by understanding potential material weaknesses and implementing key controls
- Improved financial reporting to stakeholders following mergers and acquisitions
We have extensive knowledge of the accounting standards that are applicable to businesses in Canada, including:
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations (ASNPO)
- Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) and Accounting Standards for Pension Plans
- US GAAP
Our thought leadership provides guidance and keeps clients informed of industry developments. For those who require international resources, our expansive global network offers access to the issues most relevant to them, no matter where in the world they do business.