Keith is a Chartered Business Valuator with over 20 years of professional experience providing transaction advisory services to public and private companies in a diverse range of industries. Prior to joining BDO, Keith was a Partner in KPMG's Deal Advisory practice in Vancouver.
Keith enjoys listening to his clients to better understand the opportunities and challenges facing their business. He excels at finding practical ways to assist his clients navigate the complexities of the ever-changing business environment.
Keith assists clients with:
- Litigation support: Shareholder and corporate disputes, and family law business valuations and guideline income expert reports
- Financial reporting: Purchase price allocations (PPAs), impairments and financial instruments. Keith has extensive experience under IFRS, US GAAP and ASPE
- Tax reorganizations: Estates and corporate
- Transactions: Mergers & acquisitions, fairness opinions, investment modeling and analyses.
- Sell-side and buy-side advisory: Assisting clients through the transaction process
- Debt borrowing and project financing: Assisting clients arrange financing for their business or specific opportunities.
Due Diligence: Vendor and buyer financial due diligence:
Keith works with clients ranging from locally-owned family businesses to large multi-national organizations with complex corporate structures. His industry experience includes technology, manufacturing, food and beverage, real estate, retail, restaurants, insurance brokerages, industrial products, consumer goods, biotechnology, mining, forestry, shipping, construction, and distribution.
Keith was named the Top CBV under 40 in Canada in 2016, and was the recipient of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) Communicator Award in 2017. He was the National Gold Medalist on the CICBV entrance exam in 2006.
Past Board Member, CICBV
Past CICBV committee involvement: Education, Accreditation, Events, Continuing Education and Communications Organizing committee or conference chair for the 2009, 2012 and 2016 CICBV conferences
Queen's University: Adjunct Professor from 2010 to 2016 for the MBA program
Presenter: CICBV, UBC, EO, Pacific Business & Law Institute
Professional designations and education
Masters of Business Administration, Queen's University (2008)
Chartered Business Valuator, CICBV (2006)
Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants of British Columbia (2004)
Bachelor of Commerce, University of British Columbia (2001)