Weekly Tax Tip - Making an adjustment to your personal income tax return

May 2017

After you have filed your income tax return, if you realize you have missed a deduction or credit, or have not included all of your taxable income, you do not need to re-file your entire tax return. You can make the change by requesting a T1 adjustment. Click on the link below to go to the CRA website and find out the details for making a T1 adjustment.


This tax tip is a publication of BDO Canada LLP on developments in the area of taxation. This material is general in nature and should not be relied upon to replace the requirement for specific professional advice. The information in this tax tip is current as of May 8, 2017.