Many businesses go through periods of underperformance and face financial uncertainty. Our qualified team of financial restructuring professionals can help diagnose financial problems early and increase the opportunity for win-win solutions for all stakeholders. Our experience includes working as:
- Advisors for financial and operational turnarounds
- Consultants for lenders for security and viability assessments
- Performance improvement and advisors for working capital, expense management, refinancing and other enhancements
- Trustee in Bankruptcy and Proposal
- Monitor under CCAA
- Receiver and manager or agent for secured lenders
- Liquidator or monitor to oversee operations, wind-up or reorganize
- Receiver/court agent of assets/proceeds of crime
- Trustee under other legislation (e.g. Construction Lien Acts)
Whether initiated by a secured creditor or directly by management, a consulting engagement is beneficial to both troubled companies and the stakeholders involved. In a consulting engagement, we can review the business from a financial and operational perspective, assessing the potential for profitability, and make suggestions for improvement.
We will work with management to prepare a comprehensive action plan and assist in formulating proposals involving new debt or equity. We can also assist secured creditors in assessing the value of their security and the debtor's viability. In cases of urgency, count on BDO to perform investigations without delay and produce initial reports within days.
We perform formal insolvency and restructuring assignments under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) and the Companies Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA), acting as Monitors or Receivers, Proposal Trustees or Bankruptcy Trustees.
We also act as Monitor of informal proposals made by insolvent companies for key stakeholders, such as financial institutions, other creditors and shareholders.
Looking for information on a recent filing? Find updates for creditors, employees, investors and shareholders on BDO engagements.
Solutions for personal debt problems
If you have are experiencing personal financial problems, visit www.bdodebthelp.ca for debt management options.