BDO is committed to supporting our local communities. Our team proudly volunteers its time to help worthwhile organizations ― whether we do so as one firm, one office, or on an individual basis. Each year, we strive to make a positive difference coast to coast through a variety of charitable causes.
FCC Drive Away Hunger
BDO is a proud partner of Farm Credit Canada in the annual FCC Drive Away Hunger campaign. Our offices across the country participate each year in this firm-wide initiative, collecting food and money for their local food banks. Effective 2012, we have raised over 1 million lbs of food in total since 2008.
Creative fundraising initiatives this year included raffles, potlucks and auctions within our offices, as well as public barbecues, chili contests, and bake sales in exchange for donations from members of our communities.
Farm Credit Canada has raised over 9.2 million lbs of food and over $760,000 nationwide since the inception of Drive Away Hunger in 2004. The growing need for food banks in Canada continually reinforces the significance of such causes.
We were delighted by the success of our Movember efforts, when our “BDO Mo Bros and Mo Sistas” raised over $61,000 in support of prostate cancer awareness and research with donations from family, friends and colleagues.
Last summer, several offices participated in the Big Bike for Heart & Stroke, with proceeds for the foundation reaching over $24,000. The Calgary Corporate Challenge raised another $11,000 in blood donations for Heart & Stroke.
Our Markham team raised close to $5,000 in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s Ride For Diabetes Research. Meanwhile, our Lindsay office made a generous donation to its local Ross Memorial Hospital over the next seven years.
Many offices proudly raise money for the United Way through office Jeans Days. Our Waterloo and Peterborough offices also participated in a CN Tower stair climb challenge and ball hockey tournament, respectively, for the cause.
Some great sports in Cambridge were enthusiastic to “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes” ― complete with red high heels ― for their local YMCA.
We are proud to support numerous schools, athletic teams, community facilities and business organizations, including the following examples:
- CEO Challenge in Edmonton
- Mother's Day Run & Walk in Calgary
- Raising the Roof on Homelessness in Cranbrook
- Spirit of Winnipeg Awards
- Dragon Flies Dragon Boat Festival in Ontario
- Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation Golf Tournament
- Elizabeth Fry Society of Simcoe County
- Great Tugboat Race in Sault Ste. Marie
- Hospice Huntsville
- Our Peel Place in Mississauga
- Outstanding Young Farmers
- Lethbridge Interfaith Food Bank
- Season Opening Squash Tournament in Orangeville
- Habitat for Humanity build in Edmonton
- Ontario Parasort Summer Games in Sarnia
- Northern Ontario Business Awards
- Women's Business Network of Peterborough
- Brantford Red Sox
- Waterloo Ravens Fall Challenge Cup
- Kamloops Symphony Orchestra